BUTLER COUNTY COMMON PLEAS COURT
POSITION TITLE: Pre-Trial Officer I
JOB LOCATION: 824 S. Martin Luther King Blvd. Hamilton, Ohio 45011
SALARY RANGE: $40,000 TO $60,300 Annually ($20.51 to $30.92 an hour)
DATE: 05/26/2021/2021 through 06/11/2021
APPROVED BY: Wayne G. Gilkison, Court Administrator
Education, Experience and Training
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university with major course work in Criminal Justice, Corrections, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Prior experience in Law Enforcement or related field may be considered.
- Experience in operation of computers and related equipment preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the principals of community corrections.
- Knowledge of the principals, methods, techniques and practices of probation casework.
- Knowledge of the psychological concepts of behavior, social adjustment and emotional stability.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations related to probation.
- Skills to collect, compile, review and evaluate information and prepare reports.
- Skill to effectively interview and counsel offenders and to provide liaison between offenders and other entities.
- Skill to conduct probation investigations and report the results accurately and impartially.
- Skill in public address.
- Skill to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely.
- Skill to coordinate with other staff, departments, officials, agencies, organizations and the public.
Additional Requirements With or Without Reasonable Accommodation
- Ability to climb stairs, walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry under 15 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, operate motor equipment and use of firearms.
- Conditions include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, radiant and electrical energy, chemicals used for urinalysis, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus or airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools and devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, typewriter, calculator, copier, fax machine, urinalysis equipment, telephone and automobile.
Submit a departmental application; which may be obtained on the Butler County Common Pleas Court website (www.bccommonpleas.org). The application is located under the employment opportunities tab.
You may also mail a detailed resume’, completed application, along with cover letter to:
Government Services Center, 3rd Floor
315 High Street
Hamilton, Ohio 45011
Wayne G. Gilkison
Butler County Department of Court Services
824 S. MLK Boulevard
Hamilton, Ohio 45011
***All applications submitted via the postal service must be post marked by the closing date***
Deadline for Applying : Jun 11, 2021 04:30 PM